SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – Getting the kids ready for school can take a lot of time, whether you’re shopping for clothes and supplies or getting them ready for their favorite haircut. An upcoming event will provide school supplies and haircuts for children 17 and under.
The Back-to-School Supplies Drive will be held at the Utah Museum of Contemporary Arts (UMOCA) on August 19 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Haircuts will be provided by Esmerelda of Royalty Barbershop in West Valley City and Kiirt Banks of My Kulture.
There will also be free music, bouncy houses and children’s art activities.
Before the event, school supplies can be dropped off at the following locations:
- UMOCA (20 S West Temple St in Salt Lake City)
- Fade One Barbershop (3804 S Highland Drive in Salt Lake City)
- Royalty Barbershop (3536 W 3100 S in West Valley City)
- Costa Vida (213 E 12300 S in Draper)
- Vape Ave (75900E in Salt Lake City)
School supplies can also be dropped off on the day of the event. UMOCA will hold supplies for a week after the event so people can continue to pick them up.
The rest of the supplies will be donated to schools and families in need.
The event is presented by Mac Life LLC and iVipp App.