by: Kiah Armstrong
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – The Salt Lake City Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office will open this weekend for face-to-face assistance with tax matters.
The office will be located at 178 South Rio Grande St. and will be open Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to assist residents with any tax issues or questions they may have regarding filing taxes.
The agency will not prepare returns, but taxpayers can ask questions about reconciling child tax credit prepayments, receive assistance with resolving a tax issue, tax bill, or IRS audit. If assistance from IRS employees who specialize in these services is not available, the individual will receive a referral for these services.
The IRS is also urging taxpayers to come prepared with the following information:
- Current government-issued photo ID
- Social Security cards and/or ITINs for members of their household, including spouse and dependents (if applicable)
- Any IRS letters or notices received and related documents
During the visit, IRS staff may also request the following information:
- A current mailing address, and
- Bank account information, to receive payments or refunds by direct deposit
IRS staff will schedule appointments at a later date for deaf or hard of hearing individuals who require sign language interpretation services. Foreign language interpreters will be available.
Appointments are not mandatory.